Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

This ones for you Pete!!!!

elec164

US
2578 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: This ones for you Pete!!!!"

elec164 Silver Member Nikonian since 15th Jan 2009
Fri 18-May-12 03:37 PM

>You're waaaaayyyyyyyy too advanced for me pete!!
>Thanks Pete for that very in
>dept explaination which sounds like Greek to me,,,,hehehehe.

If you think my rudimentary explanation sounds like Greek, wait till you check out the book!!! LOL

The edition I have is a 345 page book "JUST"color> on Sharpening Techniques for Adobe Photoshop, Camera Raw and Lightroom.

As to resizing, I believe you are using PS Elements correct? When you resize the default algorithm is Bicubic which is a good all purpose algorithm for digital imaging. If you click on the arrow to the right of Bicubic, you will get a drop down menu of choices. Again this goes to preferences in workflow, but I find Bicubic Sharper does a good job of down-sampling with a minimal need for further re-sharpening afterward. On the other hand some people use Bicubic Smoother for both up or down-sampling.

It will take some time and experimentation on your part to decide what works best for you.

Can’t wait to see why you are doing this!!

Pete

Pete

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic This ones for you Pete!!!! [View all] , pasknucklehead Silver Member , Wed 16-May-12 11:02 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: This ones for you Pete!!!!