Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D90 image quality....

Enthus_Photo

US
94 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: D90 image quality...."

Enthus_Photo Registered since 16th May 2012
Mon 21-May-12 12:18 AM | edited Mon 21-May-12 12:18 AM by Enthus_Photo

It is. The good news is good glass doesn't have to cost an arm and a leg. My older Tamron 28-75 f/2.8 (non-built-in-motor) compares pretty dang well with the Nikon 28-70 f/2.8 for about a third the price (and almost 1/5 the price of the Nikon 24-70 f/2.8).

My Nikon 80-200 f/2.8 sings on my D90 and is less than half what the 70-200 VR I is selling for and a little more than a third the price of a VR II.

The only hitch to these is they both require the camera I'm on to have a screw drive, something Nikon is rumored to be removing from the still-hypothetical, FX-based D600. I'm hoping the also-hypothetical, DX-based, less-talked-about D400 will stay closer to the D300s...

Anyway, you'll love a D90 or a D300 in your price range.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Visit my blog: enthusiastphotographer.com

A topic tagged as having a question D90 image quality.... [View all] , Paul94583 , Sat 12-May-12 07:52 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D90 image quality....