Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D90 image quality....

ShrimpBoy

Brighton and Hove, UK
887 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: D90 image quality...."

ShrimpBoy Registered since 08th Jan 2006
Mon 14-May-12 03:46 AM | edited Mon 14-May-12 03:48 AM by ShrimpBoy

I agree with Hendrik. I also went from D70 to D90. High ISO improvement was obvious, but otherwise (occasional weird cyan skies aside) the D70 was just as good and more forgiving of poor technique when you pixel-peep for sharpness.

The D90 is still a nice step up from the D70 though. It shoots faster, has a bigger viewfinder, has a bigger rear screen, has a more advanced focus system (if you care about that), doesn't lose color when shooting high ISO, doesn't produce as much noise at equivalent ISO and goes two stops higher in ISO. And RGB histograms as Hendrik pointed out, live view for more accurate focusing, video if you want it, etc, etc.

Having said all that, you'll probably get more bang for your buck putting the upgrade money into something like a Tamron 17-50 f/2.8, depending upon what you like to shoot.

Edit to add: I'm trying to sell a D90 if you want one. But beware, it's a slippery road: I've already fallen to the temptation of a D7000.

Gary
"Yea, Sussex by the sea!" - Rudyard Kipling

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A topic tagged as having a question D90 image quality.... [View all] , Paul94583 , Sat 12-May-12 07:52 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D90 image quality....