Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

NikonD100 Price Update

spacer

DE
1690 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: NikonD100 Price Update"

spacer Awarded for his contributions to the Resources Basic Member
Wed 27-Mar-02 04:01 PM

pvanvliet

> I am a F100 user and need some weight in my hands.

So, you need some weight?! Would you mind hauling around my equipment when I go hiking . . .

I started saving for the D100 (or possibly Fuji S2 if it takes G-lenses) and the 70-200 VR. I'm hoping Nikon is going to match or undercut the Canon D60. I just took a 13 x 19 printout on an Epson 1280 using a sample pic from an Japanese Fotomag (you can find the link to the Japanese Fotomag on dpreview.com) and the quality appears to be sufficient for me.

I almost became a Canon user when my Olympus OM-1 broke. I was ready to purchase the EOS-3 when Nikon came out with the F100. They undercut the EOS-3 by $100 und the F100 uses AA. At that point the main reason to go with Nikon.

In the last couple of years, Nikon seems to be lagging behind. In respect to rolling out new products and in pricing.
If this trend continues it would be a signal to switch when I'm going digital. Over the long run a few dollars here, a few dollars there. I'm emotionally attached to photography but not to a certain camera or lens. They are just tools. They have to perform and be reliable.

Don't get me wrong, I'm satisfied with my Nikon gear, but if I could get the same quality for less . . . at the end it comes down to business.
Marketing analysts probably kill themselves laughing when they manage to sell items for more but having the same quality than their competitors.

Have a nice day

Andreas

Andreas

Learn more about me and the Nikonians team on ourTeam Page.

A topic tagged as news NikonD100 Price Update [View all] , pvanvliet , Tue 26-Mar-02 04:19 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: NikonD100 Price Update