Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D100 beta images online

AlanC

UK
2700 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: D100 beta images online"

AlanC Basic Member
Thu 09-May-02 12:26 PM

I understand that Nikon's policy is not to allow reviewers of beta versions of their cameras to post sample pictures - hence we've seen nothing from Phil Askey at DPReview despite the fact he's got a beta D100. Those two Japanese sites are obviously going against Nikon's wishes.

My biggest problem with this situation is that we just don't know enough to pass verdict. Nikon may make changes to the colour balance, sharpening, noise reduction or whatever and this may significantly change the results.

From the posted images it looks to me like the D100 is giving the lowest noise levels at high ISO's, the D1x probably has the most natural colour and the D60 has the greatest apparent resolution, although if you look at the resolution charts it seems to go into moire before the D100 - possibly down to differences in the anti-aliasing filters?

The definitive test will likely be when Phil Askey gets his hands on a production D100 and can release his test shots. We'll get to see a carefully controlled comparison with the D60 then.

Alan.

A general, generic topic D100 beta images online [View all] , AlanC , Wed 08-May-02 03:25 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D100 beta images online