Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D100 New Preview-Major update

AlanC

UK
2700 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: D100 New Preview-Major update"

AlanC Basic Member
Wed 08-May-02 02:58 PM

I remember reading an article by Thom Hogan where he recommended you lock yourself in the room alone while cleaning your cameras CCD because of the number of horror stories he'd heard about children or pets tripping over the power lead and disconnecting it - with very expensive results!

The UPS idea is a good one: it's actually something I've recently been looking into myself since I'd far rather pay £80 for a UPS than risk £1000+ of damage if the AC power ever went off while I was cleaning the CCD.

The anti-shock mode simply introduces a short delay - about 0.5 seconds, enough for any vibration to subside - between the mirror going up and the shutter opening.

Alan.

A general, generic topic D100 New Preview-Major update [View all] , f8Bethere , Mon 06-May-02 01:10 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D100 New Preview-Major update