Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Why D100 over fuji s2

michaeladawson

Oakland, US
16 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Why D100 over fuji s2"

michaeladawson Registered since 17th May 2002
Wed 19-Jun-02 06:30 PM

I must admit a little confusion over the topic of resolution. Or rather, confusion over why other people seem to be confused about resolution.

It is my understanding that the Fuji S2 is basically a 6 MP camera. The 12 MP max resolution advertised is done by some in-camera software interpolation.

While FujiFilm probably makes claims to the superior method they may use to do that interpolation it is still interpolation.

You can do similar interpolation in Adobe PhotoShop. In addition, if you own a program like Genuine Fractals you can "up-rez" your photos. But, basically, you can't create "true" resolution from nothing.

If someone has more qualified information on this I'd love to hear it. Otherwise, I believe the S2 and the D100 are both 6 MP cameras and, therefore, of equal capability with regard to resolution.

Regs,
Mike Dawson

A general, generic topic Why D100 over fuji s2 [View all] , minnnnieme , Thu 13-Jun-02 08:45 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Why D100 over fuji s2