Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
pinfante

18 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: D100 on Ebay"

pinfante Registered since 24th Feb 2002
Tue 09-Jul-02 12:28 PM

I found that there are quite a few "legit" D100's up on ebay. I have always been successful in buying camera equip there - just look for these things:

1. If you are in the US, only buy from someone in the US (this is not a non-USA bashing - just what has worked for this American - not trying to offend anyone but I can't speak for what I haven't done.)

2. Look at the ads - this is key! ONLY go with the ones that look GOOD - PROFESSIONAL. This would represent someone that took the time to post the auction, and less likely someone just trying to scam you. Also, if the auction item is highlighted, then the seller paid more to do that - hence more serious. If there is a reserve set, then the seller must really have the product, since he/she is willing to walk away from the deal if he/she does not get a minimum price. Scammers usually just take the (any) money and run!

3. Make sure the item says "brand new" at least for D100's that just came out.

4. Do not do a wire-transfer, Western Union, or even send check/MO - Use PayPal with/or a credit card only.

5. If you want the D100 now, and you are stuck down low on a waiting list, you will have to pay more for it. You should be able to get it at no more than US$2700.

Well, that's my US$.02

-Pat

Critique my photos at:
http://www2.photosig.com/userphotos.php?id=91719

A general, generic topic D100 on Ebay [View all] , ironhayden08 , Sat 29-Jun-02 01:19 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D100 on Ebay