Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D100 95% frame coverage, why?

BJNicholls

Salt Lake City, US
10095 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: D100 95% frame coverage, why?"

BJNicholls Gold Member Awarded for his contributions to the community and the Resources Charter Member
Sat 27-Jul-02 05:32 PM

Oh, get over it. I don't dislike the D100 and I don't own one. So far, Phil Askey's review shows it to be a very capable camera and a great value. His review also points out some shortcomings that I want to understand.

I'm evaluating the D100 and the Fuji S2 for a future purchase. Part of the evaluation is to find out things that early sight-unseen buyers couldn't - what shortcomings a camera has and how significant those shortcomings are. In this case, the lack of a full frame viewfinder doesn't make a lot of sense to me. In a digital camera, there is no need to factor in a mechanical image crop. And in a DSLR, you can't use the LCD for accurate composition - the viewfinder is your only option. I think Nikon should have made a 100% finder, but that's not a big enough issue for me to rule out the D100 as a contender.

It's useless to have a discussion with someone who has to be "in love" with a product and who sees any discussion of flaws as an attack. I'm glad you're happy with your camera - I just want to be happy with whichever one I buy too.

BJ

BJ

Zenfolio gallery

A general, generic topic D100 95% frame coverage, why? [View all] , BJNicholls Gold Member Awarded for his contributions to the community and the Resources , Fri 26-Jul-02 08:44 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D100 95% frame coverage, why?