Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

What AA cells work best in MB D 100?

iweiner

US
421 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: What AA cells work best in MB D 100?"

iweiner Registered since 12th Sep 2002
Thu 05-Dec-02 07:14 AM

Victor, I think its time to replay the thread we shared Aug-Sept '02, Nikon initially denied any such AA alkaline problems. After we got some other MBD100 users to try alkaline AA's and report their results to Nikon I got an admission concerning this problem and that Japan would be notified.

Please note that despite the 'manual' specing LR6 alkaline or Lithium cells, users were complaining that the NiCd or NiMH did not work properly!! The only alkaline AA's I found to work initially were the Duracell Ultra MX1500 (not MN1500), the MX's have an internal resistance of 0.08 ohms, the MN's 0.28---several 3rd world brands were 1 ohm or more. I did not life test my Mx's, just knowing I could get a few shots out of them in a pinch is enough--I didnt care to get depressed or pissed off over this gross Nikon design failure. The lithium AA's are your only real choice, their internal resistance is very low and their shelf life is years. The only trickle down info I received from a Nikon source indicates that the lithiums most probably will be designated the only reccommended AA battery. This will quietly dismiss the case and we purchasers will now have an overly priced battery holder performing at a drastically reduced level.

Bottom line: for those of you who earn a living thru photography and can't play games or take chances--get a set or two of the Lithiums and use them only when needed as a backup! For all others, send an email or 2 or 3 or more to Nikon and let them know this is not acceptable and demand at the minimum a rebate for lost services.

Victor, sorry to sound off like this in your space, but it truly pains me to think of all those MBD100 users not even aware of this timebomb; only to discover this gross deficiency in the middle of a shoot or on a vacation trip.

best wishes Irvng Weiner

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic What AA cells work best in MB D 100? [View all] , martiny02 , Sat 30-Nov-02 06:34 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: What AA cells work best in MB D 100?