Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D-100 Histogram Lopsided

herbet

148 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: The nature of the histogram..."

herbet Basic Member
Mon 12-Aug-02 12:48 PM

Bob,
I think they did it on purpose to avoid burning the highlights. Anyway, after inspecting several pictures I came up with my own custom curve in NC3 to suit my taste and uploaded it to the camera. That's the beauty of this camera, it has so many settings.
I gave it a first try during this weekend and the pictures were right, out of the camera. No need for post processing, just sharpening since I shot with sharpening set to none. Sure I have more problems with highlits in highly contrasty scenes but I should have changed to the less contrast setting in those anyway. The curve also solved the problem with pictures taken with the flash looking a tad underexposed. I just wish I could upload 2 custom curves.
If you're interested I can send you the curve so you can try it out.
Herbet.

>Wonder if Nikon can or plans to issue a firmware update to
>cure the balance problem.

A topic tagged as in need of help D-100 Histogram Lopsided [View all] , w4npx , Sun 11-Aug-02 09:28 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message The nature of the histogram...
Reply message RE: The nature of the histogram...