Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
vfnewman

Forest, US
4325 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: D-100 Auto ISO"

vfnewman Awarded for his multiple contributions to Resources Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Basic Member
Thu 15-Aug-02 11:24 AM

Joe,

Nothing personal at all, and I didn't take it that way even before I read the last line.

Everything you say is valid. The benefit of Auto ISO is marginal when it still lets the camera set a shutter speed unusably long before it takes effect. I guess it's more useful in S mode, where you are more likely to hit the low end of the f/stop scale (and still able to take a useable picture), at which point it ups the ISO for you. I guess in the mind of somebody (or more likely the agreement of some design board) at Nikon it makes sense the way they did it.

Personally, I havn't found much value in it. Maybe somebody can give some examples of where it's really useful.

VFN

My Nikonians Gallery

www.nikonians.org - Worldwide Home for Nikon Photographers

A general, generic topic D-100 Auto ISO [View all] , JoeSlotz , Wed 14-Aug-02 05:56 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D-100 Auto ISO