Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D100 and quality control

benherrmann

Fuquay Varina, US
563 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: D100 and quality control"

benherrmann Registered since 17th Aug 2002
Mon 25-Nov-02 01:56 AM

Herbet:

Your thread is important, especially when you read - a few of my past concerns included - all of the threads about underexposure and the like. Then in response, you hear threads from others who say, "what's the fuss," 'cause theirs are working perfectly. Of course that becomes frustrating to the max.

I have always suspected across-the-board quality control problems that resulted in D100's being shipped that were not calibrated correctly - if that is the correct term. Although I also use NC-3 and have uploaded a wonderful curve posted on the DP Review web site - the Apolinario curve - I also elected to purchase the Fuji S2 Pro which has shocked me at the wonderful photos given me right out of the camera without post processing. I won't go down that road because it would only elicit varying comments.

For those of you who are interested, the Apolinario curve and particular thread link are listed below. The curve is free for download and has been downloaded by many Nikon d100 users around the globe.

The curves can be downloaded from:

http://www.geocities.com/kisskissbangbang_97/

The thread that alerted folks to this curve is:

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1021&message=3775485

Suffice it to say, I've got to find a local Nikon authorized factory repair facility - the local camera repair place won't cut it.

Thanks for posting this as it mirror some internal thoughts on the matter.

Best regards,

Ben Herrmann

Good Shooting...

Ben

A general, generic topic D100 and quality control [View all] , herbet , Fri 22-Nov-02 01:17 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D100 and quality control