Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Leonid meteor showers tonight!!!

joseppi

US
15 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Leonid meteor showers tonight!!!"

joseppi Basic Member
Wed 16-Jan-08 01:07 PM

Lee Anne,

I live in central Texas and had the opportunity to view and photograph Leonid under very good conditions with the exception of the full moon. I shot two rolls of Fuji 1600 film, 48-50 exposures, and got five decent shots of the action. Attached is probably the best of those. Some of the showers were very faint on film. Most of the exposures were 20 seconds or so because I did not want the star trails. I learned a lot and it was a blast. An interesting side note about rain; I bought my first telescope for my daughter and I in the late eighties. When we got home from the retailer with it, it started raining and did so for several days. Not fun.

Joseppi

Click on image to view larger version

Attachment#1 (jpg file)

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic Leonid meteor showers tonight!!! [View all] , Lee Anne , Tue 19-Nov-02 03:07 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message Oops,
Reply message RE: Leonid meteor showers tonight!!!