Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
foodle

US
267 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Advice on the D100"

foodle Registered since 24th Jul 2002
Mon 25-Nov-02 07:01 AM

>In the long run I would save about $100 a year in Film and
>processing, more than making up the loss interest.

Remember that you're going to have to buy compact flash cards for the D100. And maybe buy a new DX flash, AC adapter, Nikon Capture 3, a digital wallet, MB-D100 grip, photo printer/paper/ink, etc. The accessories can easily add up to more than the $200 you're saving on film/development costs. If you plan to print, printing costs are a per shot cost rather than a fixed cost.

>The question is: is the D100 a professional camera with
>professional results?

Depends on who's behind the camera.

>I like using my 24mm Nikkor and my 50mm Nikkor (not a zoom
>guy at all). How much of a drawback is the 1.5X of the CCD
>compared to 35mm film? Would my lenses effectively become a
>37mm and a 75mm?

Yes. How much of a drawback this is depends on how you shoot. Can you live without wide-angle (or afford a 16mm lens)?

>Another question, with the fastly changing digital world,
>would I regret the purchase after a couple of years when the
>D200 comes out?

Again, this is a personal issue. The D100 will still take the same quality images 10 years from now as it does today. Will better cameras come out in the next 2 years? Definitely. They will be faster, better, higher-resolution, and cost the same or less as the D100.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic Advice on the D100 [View all] , fundy , Mon 25-Nov-02 04:46 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Advice on the D100