Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D100 Color Mode and White Balance

RRowlett

Hamilton, US
1253 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: D100 Color Mode and White Balance"

RRowlett Gold Member Charter Member
Tue 26-Nov-02 02:07 AM

I shoot Adobe 1998 (Mode II) 100% of the time. This mode captures the most color information at the time of exposure. A color balance that closely mimics daylight slide film is CLOUDY-3 or SHADE+3. The former is a little more saturated and the latter is a little more realistic in my hands, even those these two settings are virtually the same color temperature. For shooting foliage and to bring out greens, I will sometimes shoot CLOUDY-2 to CLOUDY, but otherwise I find these settings far too cool in daylight lighting. You should avoid AUTO as it is not consistent. Even better, shoot NEFs and you can fiddle with the color balance later without damaging your image.

Cheers.

A general, generic topic D100 Color Mode and White Balance [View all] , timusama , Mon 25-Nov-02 02:57 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D100 Color Mode and White Balance
Reply message RE: D100 Color Mode and White Balance