Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

How is bokeh with D100?

AuthenticJT

4 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: How is bokeh with D100?"

AuthenticJT Basic Member
Wed 20-Nov-02 01:00 AM

Let me clarify my original question.

I take mostly portraits, and with most digital cameras I have handled, it is simply not possible to get the depth of field that is "pleasing" for portraits.

There are several good websites which explain why (e.g. http://www.wrotniak.net/photo/dof/index.html), but basically it has to do with the much smaller sensor found in digital cameras.

Mathematical formulas are available to calculate depth of field, but before I spend $2000 on a D100, I was hoping someone would be able to post sample photographs comparing 35mm and the D100, so I can see for myself instead of getting just a "rough" idea or some numbers.

The D100 sensor is about the same size as APS film, so I was thinking the difference in bokeh between 35mm and the D100 may be similar to the difference between 35mm and APS. To this end, someone experienced with an APS SLR camera may also be able to offer some insight.

A general, generic topic How is bokeh with D100? [View all] , AuthenticJT , Tue 19-Nov-02 09:33 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: How is bokeh with D100?