Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

You Be The Judge D/100 Curves Etc.

vfnewman

Forest, US
4325 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: do you have shutter/aperture info for each photo?"

vfnewman Awarded for his multiple contributions to Resources Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Basic Member
Wed 27-Nov-02 02:31 PM

I'm completely with Preston here. There is no silver bullet. I leave the "tone" on my D100 to normal and make final adjustments in PS.

By no means do I claim to be an expert at PS, but I have read a great deal of what Bruce Fraser has written, particularly his book "Real World Photoshop". He has a large section devoted to working with curves, and the time I spent reading that yielded an enormous return.

I make frequent use of the camera's histogram and highlight feature to make sure I'm not blowing out or grossly underexposed, and take care of the rest later.

Victor Newman

My Nikonians Gallery

www.nikonians.org - Worldwide Home for Nikon Photographers

A general, generic topic You Be The Judge D/100 Curves Etc. [View all] , fredster Gold Member , Wed 16-Jan-08 12:07 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: You Be The Judge D/100 Curves Etc.
          Reply message do you have shutter/aperture info for each photo?
               Reply message RE: do you have shutter/aperture info for each photo?
                              Reply message There's one difference...
                                   Reply message RE: There's one difference...