Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Fotogenetic this curve is for you

benherrmann

Fuquay Varina, US
563 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Fotogenetic this curve for you"

benherrmann Registered since 17th Aug 2002
Fri 29-Nov-02 04:56 PM

I like the way that new curve looks. I realize that there are tradeoffs, but in making the comparison based on these two photos, I would have to say that I like the new curve better. Of course, we want folks like Fotogenetic to be more critical - especially since he indicated he wants to tweak that curve further until he can find the right balance. More power to him, and if he shares those curves, we can all benefit by them.

It will be nice when they get that new link started where individuals can zip and then upload custom tone curves, along with example photos and comments. This opens up an entire new arena for modifying how the camera thinks. I am excited about this prospect.

Thanks,

Ben

Good Shooting...

Ben

A general, generic topic Fotogenetic this curve is for you [View all] , fredster Gold Member , Wed 16-Jan-08 12:07 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Fotogenetic this curve for you