Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D100 v S2 for portraits

Mike777

Stoke on Trent, UK
405 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: D100 v S2 for portraits"

Mike777 Registered since 16th Sep 2002
Mon 02-Dec-02 07:55 PM

Thanks Ben, you are supporting what Vis1 is saying and what I had suspected. The D100 can do the job but you have to find your way with it. That's no big deal.

I spent 1 and half hours today running back and forwards to the lab and I'm really at the end of my tether with it. My plan was to get a DSLR in the spring but I can see me doing it before Xmas. I'm at that point were I still have a full time job but do professional photography in my spare time. Trouble is, I'm out of spare time so I have to take anything that will speed up my workflow.

I don't know if you pros find this but the time spent actually taking pictures, for me, is about 20% of the total project cycle. The rest of the time is meeting clients, processing, printing, framing, invoicing, ordering, marketing etc. A lab screwing up a job or taking extra time really causes me problems (is it the UK or are labs everywhere run by people who can't organise themselves).

By the way the pic is great.
Cheers
Mike

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic D100 v S2 for portraits [View all] , Mike777 , Sun 01-Dec-02 02:59 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D100 v S2 for portraits
Reply message RE%3A D100 v S2 for portraits