Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D100 v S2 for portraits

benherrmann

Fuquay Varina, US
563 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: D100 v S2 for portraits"

benherrmann Registered since 17th Aug 2002
Sun 01-Dec-02 11:08 PM

Mike:

I won't try to delve into the technical aspects of either camera, but I do want to mention that I happen to have both the D100 and the S2 Pro. Yes, by far, the S2 Pro takes more pleasing photos - read better balanced here - right out of the camera than the D100 does. It is a beautiful instrument, but then...so is the Nikon D100. I at first cursed the D100 shortly after I purchased it, but as I continued to read various forums, I added to my database and learned to live with the camera. I made adjustments, experimented, and pleasantly discovered that the D100 custom tone curve scenario - using NC - was something that no other brand of camera had.

So I use both cameras, and loving the fact that I can interchange both lenses, flashes, and most nikon accessories on both. I give the nod to the D100 for overall adaptability, settings, and ways that one can customize the camera for a particular shoot. I give the nod to the S2 Pro for overall pleasing photographs in color, balance, and definition, along with great flash photos using any type of Nikon dedicated flash - not just the DX flash units. Honestly, I love both, but do tend to reach for the S2 Pro more often than not - at least lately. I purposely push myself to use the D100 as often as possible and am playing around with different custom curves.

It's your call. Either choice should work out well.

Best regards,

Ben Herrmann
Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina USA
www.raleigh-nc.org/parks&rec/wheeler

Good Shooting...

Ben

A general, generic topic D100 v S2 for portraits [View all] , Mike777 , Sun 01-Dec-02 02:59 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D100 v S2 for portraits
Reply message RE%3A D100 v S2 for portraits