Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D100 v S2 for portraits

Mike777

Stoke on Trent, UK
405 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: D100 v S2 for portraits"

Mike777 Registered since 16th Sep 2002
Sun 01-Dec-02 08:23 PM

OK I'm with you now.

So bottom line is you get the results you want from the D100. I have read a number of reviews that state that the D100 does not render skin tones as well as the S2, but I think what they mean is that the Fuji produces a 'better' image straight from the camera. I cannot see how one camera cannot capture the data in the scope you want and another one can.

At the end of the day, clients have different expectations than I do sometimes. I use a coolpix to show people different lighting effects and how they look in certain poses and almost all of them love the pics they see on their TV screen and are amazed when I tell them they are test shots, not the finshed article.

I sold 4 pics to a magazine that were taken on an 8 year old Olympus compact, using a free film I got in the post. They were images they wanted and no one else had them so they paid for them. Yet I have spent hours working a masterpiece that has been rejected as 'technically excellent but lacks impact'. In other words, another landscape of misty rolling hills in evening light that we can get from a stock library.

Cheers
Mike

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic D100 v S2 for portraits [View all] , Mike777 , Sun 01-Dec-02 02:59 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D100 v S2 for portraits
Reply message RE%3A D100 v S2 for portraits