Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

New D100 User issues

jet_avi8tor

Chicago, US
59 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"New D100 User issues"

jet_avi8tor Registered since 06th Dec 2002
Wed 16-Jan-08 01:07 PM

I purchased a D100 about 3 weeks ago, and am thoroughly enjoying learning how to use it. However, I have two issues which are driving me nuts:

1) I'm using an AF-S Nikkor 24-85mm lens for most of my shooting. I tend to do 99% of my shooting in the Program mode. I'm finding that the shutter speeds that the camera is coming up with are unusually slow. I tried taking a picture of a person who was indoors, with the sun shining on their face. The best the camera seemed to be able to come up with was f3.5 and 1/10sec exposure. The ISO was set at 320ISO. I can't believe that it couldn't use a faster shutter time given that the sun was shining on the persons face! A 1/10sec shutter speed makes it hard to achieve a "sharp" picture without using a tripod. I'm attaching a copy of the picture that resulted.

2) I usually have the camera set on Auto ISO. However, I'm finding that the ISO doesn't seem to vary from 200. I would assume (please correct me if I'm wrong) that if the speed gets too low, that the camera would up the ISO to achieve a higher shutter speed. Is this not how it works?

Thanks for any help and advice,

John

Click on image to view larger version

Attachment#1 (jpg file)

A topic tagged as in need of help New D100 User issues [View all] , jet_avi8tor , Wed 16-Jan-08 12:07 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: New D100 User issues