Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Reality check - Nikon D-100 vs Kodak DCS-14

Chirotk

Metro-Manila, PH
1147 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Excellent point and..."

Chirotk Registered since 23rd Apr 2002
Mon 13-Jan-03 11:08 PM

Hi Ben,

I appreciate your Pollyanna viewpoint, but I just went through the computer thing and it wasn't a whole lot of fun in my experience. What I did find was that I constantly was forced to upgrade at expense bot my software and hardware in order to stay in communication with people I needed, who were also on the same mill. Fine and good if you can afford it but a sacrifice for me. Changes in computers is far from over though thankfully, the enforced software upgrades that enforced hardware upgrades seem to have mellowed.

Thank goodness photography is only a joy for me and not a business. The DSLR is attractive, but the thought of constant forced upgrades with deteriorating values on invested equipment is not attractive and interesesting only from the viewpoint of despair. I'm used to cameras that have a utility life span of 10 to 20 years or more. The idea of a $ 2000 DSLR dropping down to discard value in 2 years due to technological advances is far from attractive from an investment point of view.

Chirotk

A general, generic topic Reality check - Nikon D-100 vs Kodak DCS-14 [View all] , ShadowDetail , Mon 13-Jan-03 08:48 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Reality check - Nikon D-100 vs Kodak DCS-14
Reply message Excellent point and...
Reply message RE: Excellent point and...