Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Reality check - Nikon D-100 vs Kodak DCS-14

guyb

Orleans, US
923 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Excellent point and..."

guyb Registered since 11th Apr 2002
Mon 13-Jan-03 10:28 PM

When reading this please do not take this as I am trying to be argumentative. I am not "orgasmic" about the Kodak camera. I just felt that with a characterization like that, it might help to add some info.

I agree that the Kodak will not be the best forever. However, Kodak has consistently had the highest resolution and arguably the best Nikon mount time after time.

I think an apt comparison would be a scan of a high resolution film scanner vs. the Kodak. I would argue that the Kodak outperforms film on MTF tests; a more complete testing then megapixel resolution. If you are curious about this, in a technical way: http://www.normankoren.com/Tutorials/MTF7.html.

As far as pixel density/mm goes it isn't necessarily a good thing to have a higher density as mentioned previously. Think of a real world 2.1 megapixel Nikon 950 vs a D1. The difference isn't just the lens.

Having said all that, I do have to admit to a bit of kid at Christmas feeling sometimes with technology.

l8r,
Guy
l8r,
Guy

l8r,
Guy

A general, generic topic Reality check - Nikon D-100 vs Kodak DCS-14 [View all] , ShadowDetail , Mon 13-Jan-03 08:48 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Reality check - Nikon D-100 vs Kodak DCS-14
Reply message Excellent point and...
Reply message RE: Excellent point and...