Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
sjn

Mtn View, US
194 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: MB-D100 batteries"

sjn Basic Member
Wed 15-Jan-03 06:06 PM

> I have heard of better performance using Lithium AAs in the MB-D100.
> I have never bothered to try them.

Don't believe it...

I was on a trip to the NWRs in northern CA last week. Thought I'd try out the Lithium AAs to see how many shots I'd get so I loaded them the night before the drive. My first picture the camera had problems. It was like it got set to a 3 sec shutter speed. I double checked everything and all settings were set. Next shutter press, nothing. Got the ERR message.

I did the power off/on bit and tried again. Same exact thing. I tried it 3 times. At this point I thought great, camera dies at the beginning of a week long photo trip. Then I remembered I put in brand new Lithium AAs so I pulled them and put back the D100 battery. Everything worked prefectly from then on for the entire week.

When I got home I tried another set of Lithium AAs (bought from a different store about 100 miles away) just in case I happened to get a bad batch. Same problem. When I put them in the F100 they worked prefectly, just not in the D100 (you know, it's a shame, this is the only time my F100 has been used since getting the D100!).

I've completely given up on AAs for the D100. I had called Nikon about it once. They wouldn't confirm or deny there was a problem. They just said I should send in the camera and MB-D100 and they'd look at it. I never bothered. Fortunately the camera batteries have such an incredible life I don't think I'll really need AAs as a backup.

Scott

A general, generic topic MB-D100 batteries [View all] , simonmiller , Wed 15-Jan-03 11:26 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: MB-D100 batteries