Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D100 and Post Processing

"RE: D100 and Post Processing"

Tue 21-Jan-03 04:15 PM

Hi Brad,

I don't have a D100, but rather a D1x.

I have watched with some interest the complaints about image softness on this forum and others. It seems strange that there are some who claim to have no problems, and others who say "shoot in RAW then adjust in Photoshop to get sharp images" to overcome the problem. Both groups seem to be happy with their cameras. I must admit that I have been confused by all of the ongoing discussions.

I agree with you. It seems to me that when you pay $2000 for a camera you should expect quality images without the need for Photoshop adjustments. I thought maybe there was a camera design problem, or possibly a loose nut behind the camera problem.

A while back I spoke with a Nikon Tech Rep about my D1x. I asked him about the D100 image softnes problem. He said Nikon was aware of some "bugs" in the D100 and was working to correct them.

I don't know if the "bugs" relate to a design problem or possibly a production quality control issue that caused some D100's to take soft images. I have seen numerious D100 images that were as sharp as my D1x without adjustment. Somehow, I suspect there may be a QC problem at Nikon's production line.

Good luck,

Bill Roscoe

A general, generic topic D100 and Post Processing [View all] , BRiggleman , Mon 06-Jan-03 04:15 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D100 and Post Processing
Reply message Brad, don't feel along...but read on
Reply message RE: Brad, don't feel along...but read on
     Reply message Don't go back to film
     Reply message RE: Brad, don't feel along...but read on
Reply message RE: D100 and Post Processing Update
     Reply message RE: D100 and Post Processing Update