Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D100 and Post Processing

BRiggleman

Charles Town, US
328 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: D100 and Post Processing Update"

BRiggleman Registered since 10th Nov 2002
Wed 08-Jan-03 04:29 PM

Just checked on my D100 firmware update/calibration request on Nikon's web site. My camera's status is a under a B2 repair catagory which translated from the table provided on the site as "Moderate repair - Major parts replaced". So it seems I did have a defective model and I may be a happy camper when all is said and done. However the proof is in the pudding as they say so we shall see when it is back in my hands and how it performs. I will update here when I have tested the end result of Nikon's repair.

Just for the rest of you, I did as some other suggested and sent examples of pictures (3) on cd-rom, (unmodified, just as the camera processed them), a sheet with the pictures on it explaining my focus point and my own observations on each in terms of under-exposure and softness or focus and of course a letter requesting what I would like them to check on the camera.

Hopeful Brad

I always want the next model up!

A general, generic topic D100 and Post Processing [View all] , BRiggleman , Mon 06-Jan-03 04:15 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D100 and Post Processing
Reply message Brad, don't feel along...but read on
Reply message RE: Brad, don't feel along...but read on
     Reply message Don't go back to film
     Reply message RE: Brad, don't feel along...but read on
Reply message RE: D100 and Post Processing Update
     Reply message RE: D100 and Post Processing Update