Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D100 and Post Processing

Lee Anne

Brownsville, US
831 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: D100 and Post Processing"

Lee Anne Registered since 28th Jan 2007
Wed 08-Jan-03 12:03 PM

I have been battling this since I got my camera in July, so you are not alone. The people here have been a tremendous help to me, but I'm still not getting good out of the camera images. I changed the exposure setting and all my pictures had blow outs in them. I changed it back and the pictures are underexposed. I have read everything I can get my hands on and done everything I know how to do and my pictures are awful coming out of the camera. I didn't realize how bad they were until I decided to use my film camera at Christmas because I didn't want to spend hours on the computer correcting pictures. I used my F100 with the same flash (SB80DX) and same lens (24-120mm) and the same lighting as I did with the D100 when taking some photos after Christmas and there is no comparison between the two. I am also sending mine in for the firmware upgrade with a note asking them fix the problems I am having with the camera. If they can't, then I am probably going to sell the D100 and wait until Nikon comes out with a camera that you don't have to spend hours correcting each image. I really hate to do this, because I feel most of photography is going digital, but I don't like to sit for hours in front of my computer fixing what I shouldn't need to fix in the first place. Congrats to all of you who are able to get great out of the camera images. I wish I were one of you.

Lee Anne

Lee Anne
"The human race has only one really effective weapon and that is laughter." Mark Twain

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic D100 and Post Processing [View all] , BRiggleman , Mon 06-Jan-03 04:15 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D100 and Post Processing
Reply message Brad, don't feel along...but read on
Reply message RE: Brad, don't feel along...but read on
     Reply message Don't go back to film
     Reply message RE: Brad, don't feel along...but read on
Reply message RE: D100 and Post Processing Update
     Reply message RE: D100 and Post Processing Update