Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D100 and Post Processing

BRiggleman

Charles Town, US
328 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"D100 and Post Processing"

BRiggleman Registered since 10th Nov 2002
Mon 06-Jan-03 05:15 PM

I am going to rant and rave a little bit here so just take it with a grain of salt.

Having used my d100 now for about 3 months I have a few observations or comments to make and before I go on I need to give everyone some background on myself. I am by no means a professional or even advanced amature photographer. I love cameras and taking pictures. I understand the mechanical, technical, and functionality of photography. I have alot to learn about composition, lighting, and how to produce a great photograph. I have been having fun with this for about 25 years. NOW FOR THE RANTING

I believe that the d100 in Auto everything mode, should produce a sharp, in-focus, properly exposed photograph without the need for any post processing. Over 90 percent of the photos I take with the d100 need post processing. Sharpness is the big issue, they all seem soft. I am comparing this to my film experience and my digital 995 output. My 995 always produced sharp, well exposed photographs. My film cameras (4004 and N70) never failed to give me a very sharp picture although exposure was sometimes a problem which was mostly me. Anyway if Nikon has done this on purpose, so as to give the photographer all the picture information possible for his/her processing pleasure, I want a button that says "picture taken will not need post processing"

Now I have just sent my camera to Nikon to have the update to the firmware performed and I requested they inspect the camera for proper calibration. I do hope this solves the under-exposure problem and maybe helps with the softness.

I know I have moved myself up in terms of equipment and I must learn to be a better photographer to use it, however I still want my point and shoot mode!!!

Ok, I am done, just don't be too hard on me

Brad

I always want the next model up!

A general, generic topic D100 and Post Processing [View all] , BRiggleman , Mon 06-Jan-03 04:15 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D100 and Post Processing
Reply message Brad, don't feel along...but read on
Reply message RE: Brad, don't feel along...but read on
     Reply message Don't go back to film
     Reply message RE: Brad, don't feel along...but read on
Reply message RE: D100 and Post Processing Update
     Reply message RE: D100 and Post Processing Update