Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Manual White Balance Settings for the D100

_Bill_

Hiawassee, US
23 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Manual White Balance Settings for the D100"

_Bill_ Registered since 31st Dec 2002
Wed 22-Jan-03 09:18 PM

Thank you again for the feedback, gentlemen. I understand the gray card use in exposure settings, but the idea of using a gray card for white balance still doesn't make sense to me. Why would a gray color "balance" (substitute) for pure white - aren't the RGB values different for these two colors, thus causing the DSLR's (my D100) interpretation of other colors to be off since the basis, the "white balance", is off? If any "neutral object large enough to fill the frame will work", why not use a yellow or pink card to white balance? I'm sorry if I seem to be "missing it", I just don't understand. Thanks for your help.

By the way, I did purchase the plastic gray card mentioned above about a week ago, and it is quite superior to the cardboard ones I've seen recently.

A general, generic topic Manual White Balance Settings for the D100 [View all] , _Bill_ , Thu 16-Jan-03 01:25 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Manual White Balance Settings for the D100