Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Manual White Balance Settings for the D100

_Bill_

Hiawassee, US
23 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Manual White Balance Settings for the D100"

_Bill_ Registered since 31st Dec 2002
Wed 22-Jan-03 04:37 PM

Thanks for the reply. I'm still a little confused, though. I thought the gray card was to give an adequate exposure setting, not a white balance setting. I am thinking of these as two seperate issues - the amount of light entering the camera (the neutral gray card reflects the magic 18% allowing the camera to correctly adjust for the amount of light thus preventing under/over exposure), and the white balance adjusts for the light temperature. Please help me understand. Thank you.

A general, generic topic Manual White Balance Settings for the D100 [View all] , _Bill_ , Thu 16-Jan-03 01:25 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Manual White Balance Settings for the D100