Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
walkerr

Colorado Springs, US
16978 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: D100 now or wait ?"

walkerr Administrator Awarded for his con tributed articles published at the Resources Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in multiple areas Master Ribbon awarded as a member who has gone beyond technical knowledge to show mastery of the art and science of photography   Donor Ribbon awarded for his most generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2015 Nikonian since 05th May 2002
Sat 25-Jan-03 01:15 PM

I've come to the same conclusion. Nikon certainly will come out with replacements that are better, but I think I would enjoy the D100's capabilities now. I've put one on hold at a local photo shop.

What drove me to do this? I think the realtime feedback on composition and exposure would be a plus for me. I'm a pretty decent photographer, but the lag time to get slides or prints back slows down the learning process. In addition, I'm scanning a lot of my work these days, and the D100 will shorten that time. Finally, it would be fun to have for family photos, etc. where it's nice to have quick results.

Hesitations? I still like shooting slides for projection, so I may be forced to take two bodies where I previously only took one.

Rick Walker

My photos:

GeoVista Photography

A general, generic topic D100 now or wait ? [View all] , Rohinton_Mehta Silver Member , Sat 25-Jan-03 12:23 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D100 now or wait ?
Reply message You are only delaying some fantastic moments by waiting
Reply message Why wait...