Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D100/F80 differences

flashdeadline

Havelock, US
4109 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: D100/F80 differences"

flashdeadline Administrator Expert professional photojournalist Awarded for his multiple contributions to the eZine, Newsletters and more Nikonian since 07th Apr 2002
Sat 25-Jan-03 07:23 PM

Can a rookie chime in here?
I've used the N80 in a professional capacity (photojournalist) since April last year.
Suffice it to say I have a handle on this camera, and thanks to some incredible advice I've received through Nikonians I've even advanced to new levels.
My newspaper is going digital within weeks and through a weird set of circumstances that have no bearing on this thread, I got my hands on a D100, without the manual, for trial purposes---
Call it the "here--try it."
My N80 experience of less than a year was sufficient enough to get me through the "basics" and some lucky guesses, greatly aided by my deep study in the Nikonian forums got me even closer to allowing me the ability to pick this monster up and operate it as if it were second nature.
The "trial" D100 is gone now, and I'll soon have my own-- thankfully with instruction manual, but I'm here to tell you from experience, moving from the N80 to the D100 is a breeze-- after all, I did it without the manual!
---Tom

"Shoot everything f/16 at a 100 and let the lab boys worry about it."

---Tom

"Shoot everything f/16 at a 100 and let the lab boys worry about it."

"Nikonians membership - My most important photographic investment, after the camera."

A topic tagged as having a question D100/F80 differences [View all] , Tomek , Thu 23-Jan-03 07:07 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D100/F80 differences
Reply message The D100...