Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Nikon D100 -vs- Canon D60

darrellyoung

881 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Nikon D100 -vs- Canon D60"

darrellyoung Registered since 21st Apr 2006
Mon 27-Jan-03 10:25 PM

True...but King Kong was much better looking with his big round monkey eyes. And, he won in the end, even though he suffered 3rd degree burns in a couple of places.

I looked at other Digital cameras (notice I didn't use the "C" word), before I bought my D100. Here is why I use Nikons and think we should talk about Nikons here:

1. I've been a Nikon user for many years. My cameras last forever and will shoot in a 10 degree football game, and immediatley thereafter in an 80 degree very moist locker room, and keep on working.

2. My Nikkor lenses are world renowned for their great glass and longevity.

3. My F5 is the BEST blasted 35mm camera ever invented by mankind...bar none.

4. The D100 is part of a tradition. The Nikonian tradition. We are Nikonians. Other camera brands are not Nikons. (Isn't that weird?)

5. I am part of a community of very intelligent users who own Nikons. All these extra intelligent sensitive people could have chosen other camera brands and web communities, but they didn't. They chose Nikon and Nikonians. I choose Nikon. I don't want to talk about big "C" in this place. It is insulting to me.

6. Galen Rowell used Nikons for some strange reason.

7. Moose Peterson has a choice, guess what he chose? D1h and D1x. Now he bought a D100 too.

8. Nikonian.org is vastly superior to ANY other user community. We are not censors. But, if a person wants to read about the other camera brands, and get advice about them, they ought to go to the general photography websites and ask those sorts of questions.

And, finally, Nikons are better protection that Canons. (Ack, I said it! The foul "C" word) Read this:

http://www.cleanimages.com/articles/DDWhoopsABear/index.html

This is a hot, active topic! Nikon D100 -vs- Canon D60 [View all] , rwells , Mon 27-Jan-03 06:10 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Nikon D100 -vs- Canon D60
Reply message Are we allowed to talk about the S2?
     Reply message RE: Are we allowed to talk about the S2?
Reply message If you already own an N90 and some Nikkor lenses...