Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Nikon D100 -vs- Canon D60

nick p

buffalo area, US
753 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Nikon D100 -vs- Canon D60"

nick p Registered since 28th Jun 2002
Mon 27-Jan-03 07:57 PM

i had a chance to use a d-60 last fall. a client (i,m a fishing guide) let me shoot all day with his while he fished. i must say that the autofocus was very quick, but did seem to hunt in low light as well with a f 3.5 lens. the overall controls were remarkably different as if the two companies try to be contrary. they were'nt any easier to work and had me confused for quite a while (lifelong nikon user). i also had my d100 and while it mostly stayed in the pelican case i took several shots a lunch and of a fish that was caught right after so i had a chance to review the shots of that fish from both cameras. also of the scenery from the same positions. imho the d-60 seems to lack the color,contrast and depth of the nikon. it was a canon lens 28-80 and i used a nikkor 28-105. the client had my photos with the nikon made into large prints that he had to get the files from me after i e-mailed some samples to him. that tells me the most, i don't think he would have if the d-60 shots were as good. i was not impressed with the images and apparently neither was he. the camera itself worked flawlessly all day and i took over 100 photos with it. i was trying not to be bias, and i think i acomplished that until i reviewed the images. i burned his files to a disk for him since he was from out of town and was running low on memory, so i compared them on the same monitor. they were loaded with nikon software so i'm not sure if that has any effect. i hope that is clear enough, i was fortunate to have the experience and i hope that helps. it's a big investment and i would even suggest renting each if you are teetering on the fence. good luck.

NICK
" the fox fears not the man who boasts by night, but the man who rises early and goes forth"

This is a hot, active topic! Nikon D100 -vs- Canon D60 [View all] , rwells , Mon 27-Jan-03 06:10 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Nikon D100 -vs- Canon D60
Reply message Are we allowed to talk about the S2?
     Reply message RE: Are we allowed to talk about the S2?
Reply message If you already own an N90 and some Nikkor lenses...