Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
mikejbb

Bolingbrook, US
7 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Eyecup for D100"

mikejbb Registered since 08th Oct 2002
Wed 12-Feb-03 02:54 AM

Now don't laugh too hard, but I just took the eyecup off of my old Canon A-1 camera and put it on the D100. That was 2 hours ago and it's still in place. I havn't field tested this mod yet, but it feels like it will stay. Now this eyecup is VERY old and the Canon eyecup is just stretched onto the D100, but I'm going to leave it there until it falls off. Like someone said above, maybe I'll add a dab of silicone sealeant to make sure it stays until I want to remove it.

Since this one "fit", I'm sure others fit even better. So all you people out there that have modified another eyecup to fit the D100 please stand up and be counted!

Another possibility is to buy the Nikon DK-4 eyecup (yes it's available at B&H) and mount it onto a Nikon 0 Diopter eyepiece (Yes also available)

0 Diopter link:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bh1.sph/FrameWork.class?FNC=ProductActivator__Aproductlist_html___37307___NID0N6006___REG___CatID=0___SID=F385E05A8B0

0 Diopter specifics from B&H:
Home < Photo < 35mm Systems < Body & Lens Accessories < Viewfinder Accessories < Diopters & Eyepieces
0 Diopter for N80, N70, N60, N65, N50, Pronea, N2-4-5-6000 Series, & FM/FE10 Cameras
Mfr Catalog # 2940 • B&H Catalog # NID0N6006
Our Price: $12.95
Availability: In Stock

I hope my D100 doesn't have a fit since a Canon part is attached. Oh that's right, I forgot I already use a Canon 500D 2 element close-up lens on occasion.

Enjoy!

Enjoy

Mike Bessler

A general, generic topic Eyecup for D100 [View all] , Barti , Tue 21-Jan-03 06:11 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Eyecup for D100
Reply message According to reports, that accessory is not made anymor