Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
briantilley

Paignton, UK
30235 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Crazy or what..."

briantilley Gold Member Deep knowledge of bodies and lens; high level photography skills Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 26th Jan 2003
Sun 08-Sep-13 12:33 PM

I understand your logic, but I'm not sure you've considered all the relevant factors.

Firstly, for shooting in Manual exposure mode neither D3200 or D5200 would be my choice. Both models lack a front Command Dial, which makes control of aperture and shutter speed a little inconvenient.

Next, when using RAW both cameras only offer Compressed NEF - and the D3200 is 12-bit only as well.

The cameras lack a Commander Mode for the built-in flash, if you use that facility.

Lastly, unless you plan to use Live View the lack of a 100% viewfinder might be an issue, and the dimmer viewfinder would make manual focusing more of a challenge.

I think the D7100 would remove most of the above obstacles

Brian
Welsh Nikonian

A general, generic topic Crazy or what... [View all] , largebore Silver Member , Sun 08-Sep-13 09:53 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Crazy or what...