Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
torwood

Jefferson Hills, US
761 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Upgrade time.."

torwood Silver Member Nikonian since 06th Dec 2010
Sun 08-Sep-13 09:14 PM

"Frankly put, if frame rate or depth of buffer aren't important to you, the D7000 wins."

I agree 100%, and I would argue that the buffer is an issue for very few people. You can shoot 10 continuous frames in Raw on a D7000 before the buffer gives up. Most of my action shots are no more than 5-6 max. You can program a button to substitute for AF-ON. Both the D7000 and D7100 are very well built (mostly magnesium), so they're very durable.

The other "handling"/form factor differences are purely personal preference, which you can get over/adapt to, unless you are alternating between the D7000/D7100 and a D800/D4.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic Upgrade time.. [View all] , s2sailorlis_nikon Silver Member , Thu 05-Sep-13 06:05 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Upgrade time..