Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

CF and SD cards for a D300s

Floridian

Tallahassee, Florida, US
2943 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: CF and SD cards for a D300s"

Floridian Silver Member Nikonian since 11th Feb 2007
Tue 03-Sep-13 05:40 PM

I use Sandisk cards in my cameras, which have never failed. I don't have an opinion on other brands, because I've only used Sandisk.

Why do you want to replace your cards? Your image cannot degrade due to older cards. They store information digitally, so the information either is there or it is not. Cards can fail, but a working card will not cause images to degrade as the card ages.

When I bought my D50 in 2005 and my D300 in 2007, I bought new cards to use in them, and I am still using the exact same cards with no problems.

If you want more cards, or faster cards, or higher capacity cards, those are all reasons to buy more. If your current cards are working and doing what you need (big enough, fast enough), your images will not look any different if you replace them.

Randy

A general, generic topic CF and SD cards for a D300s [View all] , kennoll Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 , Tue 03-Sep-13 12:57 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: CF and SD cards for a D300s