Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Another D400 Rumor........................................

This topic is locked. This message is locked.
JPJ

Toronto, CA
1327 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Another D400 Rumor........................................................................."

JPJ Silver Member Nikonian since 20th Aug 2009
Sat 21-Sep-13 04:43 PM

>As a longtime DX user: 2 D200's, a D90, a D300 and D300s as
>well as the new D7100. . . I'd like to see a D400 . . .
>however in no way have I ever felt I've " had to
>settle" for the D7100.
>I can honestly say I've taken the best photos of my life with
>the D7100 - and it had nothing to do with the size of the
>buffer - but everything to do with the quality of the image it
>produces.
>
>
>Al

It is a matter of personal shooting style for sure (the whole buffer issue). People took stunning wildlife, bird and sports photos when today's buffers were but a figment of someone's imagination.

The trade-off of the D7100 is less buffer, but you do gain ISO performance, dynamic range, tone/color, metering, autofocus, etc, etc.

Is that worth adjusting your shooting style if you are used to a large buffer - people will differ on that.

I had to adjust my shooting style when I moved from DX to FX and again when I moved from the D700 to D800 (although that one was more minor). I think it has made me better as a photographer, but at the time of the changes I was vexed.

Jason

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

This is a hot topic  It has been locked by a team member Another D400 Rumor........................................ [View all] , Lunastar Silver Member Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning a Nikonians Annual Photo Contest , Wed 17-Jul-13 09:37 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Another D400 Rumor....................................