Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D200 OVERSTATURATED YELLOW: SENSOR ISSUE ?

ericbowles

Atlanta, US
10642 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: D200 OVERSTATURATED YELLOW: SENSOR ISSUE ?"

ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community Donor Ribbon awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2015 Nikonian since 25th Nov 2005
Fri 21-Jun-13 11:17 AM

I don't think you have a defect in the sensor - it is working as designed. There may be some issues with settings that impact your results. And the sensor is very sensitive to the red channel which can be a problem.

How are you rendering the RAW file? Are you using Lightroom presets, Nikon Picture Controls, or some other method. Contrast and saturation settings can be enough to create a problem - especially in mixed lighting.

How are you rendering WB - an auto setting in post processing, a camera preset, or a custom WB? I'm assuming the reason for your post is you have a good WB that is not working - but WB could still be part of the problem.

Eric Bowles
Nikonians Team
My Gallery
Workshops

Nikonians membership — my most important photographic investment, after the camera

A general, generic topic D200 OVERSTATURATED YELLOW: SENSOR ISSUE ? [View all] , largebore Silver Member , Fri 14-Jun-13 09:10 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D200 OVERSTATURATED YELLOW: SENSOR ISSUE ?