Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D300 and burst mode

nrothschild

US
10916 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: D300 and burst mode"

nrothschild Neil is an expert in several areas, including camera support Registered since 25th Jul 2004
Mon 03-Jun-13 01:14 PM

Hi Paul,

What batteries are in the MB-D10?

What are the frame rates you are achieving (high to low)? You should be able to estimate this by looking at the EXIF time, including sub-seconds.

Are you shooting AF-C Focus Priority? (Custom Setting a1) That would be the most obvious and likely reason to see inconsistent burst speeds.

If you shoot Focus+Release Priority that might also slow it down although in practice I have not seen much difference between that and Release Priority.

>> The specific questions is whether the length of time I hold the focus before pressing the shutter can influence this. I feel that with cricket, if I hold the focus in the batsman for several seconds it adversely effects the burst rate achieved. Could this be possible?

Does not "make sense" nor have I ever seen anything like that.

my Nikonians gallery.

A topic tagged as having a question D300 and burst mode [View all] , polo99 Silver Member , Mon 03-Jun-13 09:49 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D300 and burst mode