Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D300 does not recognize lens

RABaker

Sunnyvale, US
731 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: D300 does not recognize lens"

RABaker Registered since 01st Oct 2003
Sat 25-May-13 07:08 AM

Greg,

The first item I thought of when I started reading your query were the contacts in the camera: Are they all properly in place and free of oxidation or contaminants? Then I read that you had already taken the camera to a repair shop and they couldn't find anything. Since I believe they *should* have checked and cleaned the camera contacts as one of their first attempts to troubleshoot the problem, I sure wouldn't have much faith in that particular repair facility any longer. As already mentioned in another response, apparently there are no Nikon authorized repair shops in St. Petersburg, FL but, even so, after hearing your description of the problem any repair facility should check the electrical contacts for oxidation or contamination whether they are authorized by Nikon or not. They had your camera for three weeks and found nothing and you fixed the problem by using the first recommendation you got from Nikonians -- not a great performance by the repair shop.

Glad to hear the Deoxit worked for you and your camera is back in working order.

Good luck,
Richard

A general, generic topic D300 does not recognize lens [View all] , GregWeldon , Thu 23-May-13 07:55 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D300 does not recognize lens