Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

The D200 is still a great camera...

N80

Rock Hill, US
8762 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: The D200 is still a great camera..."

N80 Silver Member Charter Member
Sun 30-Jun-13 09:06 PM

The D200 was also my first digital camera and yes it is a superb camera. I got mine within a month of its release. And at this point I would say, without reservation, that durability is indeed one of its strongest points. Mine has endured lots of abuse and still works like new. It stands among one of my best purchases ever and remains my only digital body and probably will for some time now.

I would also agree about the 18-70 kit lens. I bought mine used and it is one of the least expensive lenses I own and without a doubt the most "low end" lens I own. And yet it stays on the camera most of the time. Build quality is so-so but mine has proven to be as durable as the D200. Would love a faster wide-normal zoom and will get one when I upgrade to the D400.......which we are expecting any day now.....of course......or more likely when I upgrade to the D7100.....having given up all hope for a D400.....

Agree that 400 is about as high as I will usually go unless there is some 'documentary' need for higher ISO. For me and the wide variety of things I do with my D200, the high ISO performance is the main area that I wish to upgrade and certainly there are options for that path....

George Barron

My Nikonians Gallery is here:
https://images.nikonians.org/galleries/showgallery.php/cat/500/ppuser/1091

A general, generic topic The D200 is still a great camera... [View all] , pqtrths Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 , Fri 17-May-13 01:03 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: The D200 is still a great camera...