Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D300 to D7000 thoughts

Photo_Art_W

US
990 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"D300 to D7000 thoughts"

Photo_Art_W Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 21st Nov 2005
Wed 15-May-13 06:05 AM | edited Wed 15-May-13 06:08 AM by Photo_Art_W

Hello all,

My question is to those D300 users who have used, or switched to the D7000 body. How different from the D300 is it ergonomically, and do you feel it is a better camera?

I have used my D300 for quite awhile and like it very much. I added a (used) D700 to my lineup for lower ISO & greater image detail, but am considering giving a Refurbished D7000 a try since the prices are tempting.

The D7K is highly regarded by many users for its faster AF, better image quality, better skin tones is often mentioned, lower shutter noise/quiet actuations, and improved noise performance at higher ISO's. The video feature is not a big deal to me, but I may play around with it.

I tried a D90 in the past and found it a bit too different in the ergonomics department, and wasn't that impressed with the image quality over my D300. I wasn't crazy about the size or build quality of the D90 either and how it fit in my hand. I believe the D7K is about the same size, but probably has a better feel or build than the D90 did to me.

At the time I was trying out the D90, I was thinking of using it in conjunction with the D300/D700 and going back and forth between the camera bodies/lens combos which would've been a little confusing at times with their differing ergonomics/menus/controls. So I was being more critical than I am now with considering a D7K.

I'm thinking now with a D7K, I'd use it primarily for more informal instances (taking pictures of family and the kids), and use the D300/D700 for travel, vacation and landscape photography.

Thanks for any thought, experience and input to my question!
Art

http://www.artsplace.us

A general, generic topic D300 to D7000 thoughts [View all] , Photo_Art_W Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 , Wed 15-May-13 04:05 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D300 to D7000 thoughts