Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D300 Sensor Cleaning

RABaker

Sunnyvale, US
731 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: D300 Sensor Cleaning"

RABaker Registered since 01st Oct 2003
Sun 14-Apr-13 10:26 PM

Anna,

Like many folks I was a little anxious about doing a "wet" cleaning of my camera sensor. I had used a blower to clean the sensor for several years but, finally, I had too many dust spots that couldn't be cleared by just the blower. I read the copperhill documents about how to clean the sensor, got the necessary supplies, held my breath and did my first wet cleaning. It turned out that it really wasn't such a big deal. I have cleaned the sensor several times since then and now it is a complete non-issue.

As mentioned above, if you really feel uncomfortable about doing a sensor cleaning yourself most good photo shops offer this service. Simply because of the turnaround time involved, I would send the camera to Nikon only if there is nobody qualified to do such a task in your area.

Good luck,
Richard

A topic tagged as having a question D300 Sensor Cleaning [View all] , annawilson , Sun 14-Apr-13 06:28 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D300 Sensor Cleaning