Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D300S soon to be end of life?

sabre

Bedfordshire, UK
4611 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"D300S soon to be end of life?"

sabre Silver Member Nikonian since 31st Dec 2006
Sun 14-Apr-13 12:05 AM

If you are considering buying a new D300S, you may need to do it soon. Many of you may know this already, but I am saying it here for those who do not. The D300S is now in limited supply.

All Nikon UK dealers are now subject to very limited stocks. This also applies to many of the other countries in the EU. The supply in the US would appear to be intermittent. One trade dealer friend I know in France told me today that Nikon has stopped production in Thailand, but did not know if this is a permanent halt, or temporary to thin out the units in stock around the globe.

Bearing in mind the excellent specification of the new D7100, the falling price of the possible upscale model D600, and the age of the D300 with its relatively fading specification compared to the newer models now appearing, it is not inconceivable that the D300S is about to go end-of-life.

Does anyone know anything further about this situation?

...By the way, can we keep the D400 issue out of this thread please - there are enough recent threads in this forum already covering that. Thanks.

Steve (Bedfordshire, England)
My Nikonians Gallery- please visit and leave a comment
A Nikon in the hand is worth two in the bag!

A topic tagged as having a question D300S soon to be end of life? [View all] , sabre Silver Member , Sat 13-Apr-13 10:05 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D300S soon to be end of life?