Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Nikon D300 and error message

gpoole

Farmington Hills, US
4122 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Nikon D300 and error message"

gpoole Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his excellent and frequent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community in the Nikonians spirit. Awarded for his very generous support to the Fundrasing Campaing 2014 Writer Ribbon awarded for his article contributions for the Articles library and the eZine Nikonian since 14th Feb 2004
Thu 11-Apr-13 03:16 PM

The "ERR" message could be the result of many malfunctions in the camera. For example on a F100 I would get ERR because the self check on the shutter indicated the shutter time was out of spec. It had nothing to do with the electronics but was telling me the shutter needed service or replacement. Releasing the shutter or cycling power would clear the error for a while. I'm sure there are several such self checks made in current DSLRs.

I surprised that Nikon replaced the computer. It seems to me that it is more likely the computer is working correctly and telling you that some other part is not working properly. If you can do long bursts at 7fps, the the computer is working fine up to the point you get "ERR". Computers are unlikely to have failures that behave like that.

Does an additional shutter release or power off/on cycle clear the problem for a while?

Gary in SE Michigan, USA.
Nikonians membership - My most important photographic investment, after the camera.
D4, D810, D300 (720nm IR conversion), D90, F6, FM3a (black), FM2n (chrome)
YashicaMat 124, Graflex Speed Graphic 4x5
My Nikonians Gallery & Our Chapter Gallery

A general, generic topic Nikon D300 and error message [View all] , jfitzg14 Silver Member , Wed 10-Apr-13 08:39 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Nikon D300 and error message