Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

How do I get 8fps for 100 frames?

LeeSyl

Belleville, US
147 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: How do I get 8fps for 100 frames?"

LeeSyl Silver Member Nikonian since 05th May 2011
Thu 07-Mar-13 04:13 PM

Mark, Regardless of how you set up the camera the buffer will not get to 100 frames as buffer capacity as shown in r=. Nikon confuses buffer capacity with max burst 'capacity'. With my D300 I am able to get better than 90 continous shots in one straight burst using size priority and fine medium without an MB-D10 attached. In your shooting menu what is d6 set for? It is factory set for 100 by default, has it been changed? It is also possible that you have a problem card, or cards, since you've reported both Kingston and Sandisk - but this is unlikely. I'd suggest setting up CL on 6 or7 fps and check again, using the precautions listed by the other posters and if you can't get higher than twenty something frames then you'll need to explore getting the camera serviced.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A topic tagged as having a question How do I get 8fps for 100 frames? [View all] , NikonMark37814 , Tue 05-Mar-13 10:56 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: How do I get 8fps for 100 frames?